w e l c o m e

w e l c o m e

Body ~ Mind ~ Heart ~ Spirit ~ Soul ~ From Earth to Cosmos


Articles, Insights, Inspirations.
Here you will find Seasonal Reflections, Meditations, Insights for Body-Mind -Spirit.
Celebrations of Nature, Everyday Living in Simplicity & Harmony along with moments of Soulful-Magic & Creativity.

*v*

*v*

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Beautiful Chickpea Power

Beautiful
Chickpea Power



Also known as
Garbanzo Beans
Gorgeous,
Flavorful,
Powerfully Nourishing
*
There are a few different varieties...all wonderful

Easy to add to any dish..and flavor as you choose
*
In my Italian upbringing ..Chickpeas were often used
*
They are used in many
cultures and cuisines
*
I love them in Beautiful Indian dishes like Chana Masala..Curries,
Middle Eastern Cuisine and so on..
*
How have you used them ?
or what is your favorite way to eat
these gorgeous glowing morsels?

Soaked over night, the beans will soften
*
They can be added to salads, soups, stews..
cooked into many dishes
or eaten as is
*
They can be made into
Pureed Dips and Spreads
Soups
Falafels
*
They can be Transformed
into the Ever-popular Hummus


The Dried beans can be ground down into flour
Also called Graham flour
*
a great alternative to use


These beans are full of anti-oxidants..
They are Health enhancing


Beans are a wonderfully Vitamin-Rich Option
for Nutrition, Balance and Energy



Hope you enjoyed this spotlight...
On  such a Magical Bean...
*
Finding Harmony in  the Food Realm can be fun
Try new things..or recreate new ideas with your menu!
Explore some Food Magic Today!
Find what you Love!

Next post ~Part 2

Luscious Hummus
Luscious Hummus Variations




Finding Harmony
*
Wishing you all a wonderful day!
Thankyou everyone
for your
awesome comments,
visits
and adding your sparkle here!
Thankyou all followers
and new ones too.
*
Victoria~


I am also joining
PLay or visit..
FRiday's Favorites...

 

12 comments:

martinealison said...

Ah les pois chiches ! cela sent bon la méditerranée ... les senteurs du midi, la chaleur, les rires, les amis...
Très jolies photos pour le mettre à l'honneur ce pois chiche.
J'aime particulièrement la belle chaise aussi que laquelle vous les avez disposés.
Avec mes remerciement pour votre gentil commentaire laissé sur mon blog je vous embrasse amicalement.

Rebecca @ In The Garden said...

This is a post near and dear to my heart. I LOVE chickpeas, and we eat them often. Usually I blend the into a hummus. They are a fantastic source of protein for those with nut allergies. Chana Masala is another favorite, and I make a pureed soup out of chickpeas and a few other veggies. I look forward to your hummus post!

Terri said...

Oh Yum! I love chickpeas! Especially in Indian food.......Oh how I love Indian food!
I also love Hummus, very tasty and so nutritious.
Your beautiful photos are making me very hungry : )
Hugs,
Terri

Manon Doyle said...

I am a chickpea chick!! for sure!! Love them all kinds of ways!!

Kiki aka Victoria said...

Yay..such fabulous foodie comments!

Thankyou!!

Manon Doyle
Yay glad to meet a chickpea chick..shine on!

Terri
Yay..another chickpea kindred..I always felt alone in that realm..so nice to know there are others who love them too!How fabulous...I bet your hummus is awesome! Thanks for stopping by Terri!

Kiki aka Victoria said...

martinealison

Merci Martine! I so appreciate all your beautiful words amd your visit!

Kiki aka Victoria said...

Rebecca @ Inthe Garden

Yay Rebecca..so happy you love them too! Yum...super wonderful..your soup sounds awesome..and everything sounds good to me..I love Chana Masala too! yes true..mega-protein! Thanks so much for sharing all your insights and food-joy!
Have a beautiful day!

Leaping Frog Design's said...

Oh chickpeas...I love you on salads.. in soup..Hummus can not exist without you! Yum!!

Mina said...

I love the texture and flavor of chickpeas! Magical indeed. I agree that their versatility cannot be beat. My favorites are to put them in salads and soups. I love a homemade hummus but in all honesty am not very fond of the pre-made ones from the stores. Thank you for showcasing this delicacy.

Kiki aka Victoria said...

Leaping Frog Designs

Hi Lisa...yay..thanks for making me smile! awesome!

Kiki aka Victoria said...

Mina
HI Mina..yay wonderful!Glad you too are a chickpea kindred..awesome! yes me too..I love to make it myself!
Thanks for stopping by and adding your sparkle!

Bohemian said...

Falafel and Hummus are my fav ways to consume Garbanzo Beans... but they are nice just mixed into a Salad too.

Dawn... The Bohemian

Find a Quiet Moment

Find a Quiet Moment

Meditation~Return to Center ~The Empowered Space

Yoga Spirit Meditation

Yoga  Spirit Meditation

Welcome *

Welcome *