w e l c o m e

w e l c o m e

Body ~ Mind ~ Heart ~ Spirit ~ Soul ~ From Earth to Cosmos


Articles, Insights, Inspirations.
Here you will find Seasonal Reflections, Meditations, Insights for Body-Mind -Spirit.
Celebrations of Nature, Everyday Living in Simplicity & Harmony along with moments of Soulful-Magic & Creativity.

*v*

*v*

Friday, January 28, 2011

Fabulous Flaxseed: Such a Magical Seed

F l a x s e e d
is
Pure Harmony



Have you met
this Magical Seed yet?
*
Has it been part of your life for years?
*
Such a Beautiful Seed....
*
Celebrated in many ways...Flaxseed can do it all..


Powerfully Nourishing
and Wonderfully Healing
*
A True Wizard with many talents..
*
Flaxseed can transform itself into
many creative roles
ingredients
uses
purposes
*
It is truly Multidimensional

Healthy for the Skin
Hair
The Body
and Internal systems
Digestive System
Metabolism
Speed healing
Energy enhancing
*
HARMONIZING
*
BALANCING
*
GROUNDING
*
RESTORATIVE
*
NUTRITIOUS
*
LIFE-ENHANCING
*
CREATIVE
*
CLEANSING
*
HEALTH-EXPANSIVE
*
POWERFUL
*
I Love Flaxseed
*

Grind It...
Flaxseed can be simply ground down
in a coffee grinder
and used instantly.
*
Store Flaxseed out of light,
keep in a covered dark container
in the fridge or freezer

Both Dark and Light seeds
Brown Flax and Golden Flax
Beautiful in their own ways
*Filled wth Omega-3 Fatty Acids
*
Naturally healing for the body
*
Seeds can be used in many ways..
For Facials
Poultices
Ground down it can be
Used in smoothies..drinks..
stirred into Yogurts, Kefirs, Museli
in baking, granola bars
breads...
Cereals
Coconut-Flaxoil spread
*
Thickeners
Fibres
Also popular as
Flaxseed Oils
*
*Oils can be used in salad dressings,
spreads, dips., butters..or taken as is with a spoon!
*
you name it
*
There are many different preferences out there
how one wishes to use it best..for it's powerful nourishing properties and oils

Tell me your fave way!

It makes a wonderful Natural Hair Gel
Simple to make.. and must be stored in a jar in the fridge
and used within a week!
**For a nice scent**
( as the gel doesn't have much smell appeal..
add an essential/aromatherapy oil you like and stir in)
*

Natural Flaxseed Hair Gel

To create a small batch
*Take a few handfuls of raw whole flaxseeds
*place in a cheesecloth tie with band
*boil in a small pot with some water
Just so the cheesecloth mixture is sitting in a shallow bath  
(you can add more water if needed..)

*Boil till goey gel begins to form
(Keep watch and you can agitate with a wooden spoon if you like)
More comes as you squeeze/press the cheesecloth

*You can let it cool down alittle afterwards when it is safe to handle
*(Take off the stove  and out of the pot once it looks like the seeds have been fully activated)
*Then squeeze more goey gel out when cool, push with a wooden spoon and into a bowl..
*Transfer it to a clean bowl and mix to desired thickness, or leave as is..

*Once you are happy put it in a jar.
*add some esseintail oils/aromatherapy scents..
*Leave in fridge
*It may thicken up more
*and you will have to take it out earlier before using it.
*Alittle goes a long way...you don't need much, I am usually giving it away!
*Don't be fooled /even if gel comes out thinly..it is still super sticky and works great to run through hair!

****It take practice to find your secret formula! and what works for you
*It is very ooey gooey..and sticky...but also fun to make!
Try experimenting with your own blend and your own way to make it.
Try it out!

Flaxseed is a
super-nourishing
and a super-creative seed.
*
Definately a Super-Hero Food
*
It has been part of my life
for years and years...
and I enjoy it!
*
Hope you do too...


INSPIRING
*
MAGICAL
*
TRANSFORMATIVE

Beautiful
Fantastical Flaxseed
*
Such a Magical Seed...


Hope you enjoyed this Spotlight
on Flaxseed!
*
Anything to add or share....please do!
Join in on the Flaxseed Celebration
*


Finding Harmony
*
All Content
Photography
Victoria Pettella

30 comments:

Terri said...

Ode to Flax seed! Yea!
My favorite way to enjoy this little beauty is in dehydrated flax crackers with Guacamole. Mmmmmmm. Haven't had this for a while, it is time I make them again.
Thank you for such a brilliant display about Flax.
Hugs,
Terri

Lynn said...

This is like a touch of Grace for me today...I was just going to go out today and buy some and the flax seed oil too.
Last Monday I came down with horrible pain, since then been to emergency with it and seems I have gallstones. After research, flax seed is really helpful for this condition, so funny how I would see your post this morning, it was as if I was meant to. I love your suggestions for using it too, thank you so much Victoria :)

Mina said...

Oh I love Flaxseed and I adore the way you have transformed it into something more than I already believed!

Your photos are awe inspiring. Rich and yet tranquil.

Kiki aka Victoria said...

Terri!
Yay Terri..oh my ..yum..that sounds so fab! I have never tried it like that before! Wonderful! Thanks for adding your sparkle and inspiration here!
Have a sparkling day!

Kiki aka Victoria said...

Lynn
Yay Lynn..wonderful.glad you enjoyed it! Thanks for sharing...I hope you feel much better and all sparkly real soon! HUgs..have a sparkling wkd! thanks for sharing your sparkle here!

Kiki aka Victoria said...

Mina
Hi Mina...yay..glad you are a kindred and enjoy it too! Lovely!and thanks for your sweet words..much appreciation!!

Lori Saul said...

Wow- I had no idea of the many uses of Flaxseed. I have used the oil and enjoy it for breakfast in a granola but hair gel- cool. You are a master teacher Kiki and what beautiful art you have created with the seeds. I'm off to 'Whole Foods' this weekend- flaxseed is on my list!

martinealison said...

Ma grand-mère soignait ma bronchite chronique avec des cataplasmes de farine de lin...
Votre publication est très intéressante.
Bisous

LauraX said...

thanks for all of this fantastic info...your photos are stunning!

~*~ saskia ~*~ said...

You make me crave SPRING, dear friend. So golden, so sunny, so warm!
Have a happy start to the month of love, sweet Kiki xxxx

Cobalt Violet said...

Wonderful and yes we have met! I was putting them on my cereal for a year and got out of the habit! I am re-inspired! Thank you!
Have a beautiful week!

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Hi Kiki...I enjoy flaxseed in LSA...a mix of linseeds, sunflower seeds and almond all blended together...Great post as always Kiki...Dzintra

JoMo said...

I sure do know about it. Amazing stuff. My other favorite discovery is the wonder food quinoa - delicious and versatile too.
Cheers,
Jo

Brianne said...

Hey, Kiki. Every evening I drink Flaxseed mixed with water. I drink it down. Like medicine more than anything. Flaxseed is also great when sprouted and added to dehydrated recipes. It "glues' together dehydrated or raw "breads". Mix it with spices and food processed vegetables, and make little loafs, or bread slices, buns or whatever other bread-like shape and dehydrate accordingly. You can also make crackers by spreading out the gelled soaked flax seed (spiced up!) on the dehydrater sheets w/ lining about 1/4" thick. Score. When done, break into the scored pieces. Great with hummus. Enjoy. Peace. Brianne

Auroran Lauriel said...

Oh, beautiful flaxseed. I'm excited about the recipe you shared for gel. I want to try that some time. Thank you for stopping by my page the other day. I wish you a magical weekend too :)

weekend et coup de brosse said...

Tes conseils sont toujours extraordinaire ! et bons pour le moral, avec toutes ces astuces, merci de ton passage sur mon blog!
Merci Victoria!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

KIKI DEAR! I LOVE THIS SEED! It has a graham cracker taste to it when you grind it!!! Thank you dearest for your visit today! Be well and happy dear one, Anita

Jacoba said...

Hi Kiki,
Such beautiful photography!
I use the seeds in muesli, and love it when they are on the top of the bread crust.
Some interesting tips here! I know it is so healthy and so good for your gut.
Happy Sunday,
Jacoba

Plumrose Lane said...

You know, all of your blogs are so wonderful I always have difficulty selecting which one to visit ~ sadly I don't have time to read them all each time.

I really enjoyed this posting ~ I happened to have flax seed in my cabinet and I've never used it. I think I picked up for a spell of some sort and then forgot about it. Thanks so much for all the insightful info ~ a huge help indeed!

Hugs♥
Sharon

~*~ saskia ~*~ said...

Have a sweet Sunday, talented Kiki. I adore that golden sun!
xxxx

Anja said...

So good you remind me with your lovely post at flax seed, it is pure medicine especially for us women when getting older and wiser ;-))
Here you can get a whole book only written about the goodies from this elexier! You presented it with such nice fotos!!

Pin-Feathers said...

I will definitely have to try your recipe. Have eaten flax seed for years now I'll try this. Thanks for sharing :)

Riviera Brides said...

Love this post + your blog, so inspiring, I'm a new follower now, hope you're gonna follow back. ALl the best, talk soon
www.rivierabrides.com

VMcreation-fashion-studio-atelier said...

Wonderful,wonderful soul Kiki:-)))*

HOW enchanted and how unbelievebly greast you can making peoples glad and creative...
Adorable ideas do you have and not only ideas,but truly,this is you beautiful mind and very talented creative soul!!!

Thank you so immensly much for all you fantastic comments by me,my dear fren:-)*

Love
***Violetta***

Cindy Adkins said...

I LOVE this post, Kiki!!! Now--the question is, what seed will make me skinny? If you know, just drop me an email or a message--or send a carrier pigeon with the great news! lol
XO
Cin

joanne May said...

Hi Victoria Sweetie,
Thanks for your lovely message. I am happy to hear that you come from a family of shoe makers. I come from a family of tailors. Together our families could make quite a few fairy outfits! ;-D
I think we have a connection too in many ways. ;-)
Sorry it took me a while to get back to you, I don't blog too often because of work commitments, but when I do create a post I visit all my blog friends for a good catch up!
This is great information about Flaxseed. I never new it was so versatile. I will definitely buy some seeds. All of your photos are wonderful!
See you again soon my new fae friend.
Many blessings,
Jo. x

~*~ saskia ~*~ said...

I hope your day is lovely so far, sweet Kiki. My day is coming to an end... xxxx

Bohemian said...

I use Flax Seed and Organin Flax Seed Oil in my Yogurt or sprinkled on Salads and in Smoothies.

Dawn... The Bohemian

Bohemian said...

Sorry... tired... I meant Organic! *winks*

Dawn... The Bohemian

Coco Coterie said...

Have a beautiful day, Kiki ~ xox Alexandra

Find a Quiet Moment

Find a Quiet Moment

Meditation~Return to Center ~The Empowered Space

Yoga Spirit Meditation

Yoga  Spirit Meditation

Welcome *

Welcome *