w e l c o m e

w e l c o m e

Body ~ Mind ~ Heart ~ Spirit ~ Soul ~ From Earth to Cosmos


Articles, Insights, Inspirations.
Here you will find Seasonal Reflections, Meditations, Insights for Body-Mind -Spirit.
Celebrations of Nature, Everyday Living in Simplicity & Harmony along with moments of Soulful-Magic & Creativity.

*v*

*v*

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Victoria's Color Harmony: Meditations and Insights

~Color Harmony~
Victoria Pettella

Color is Powerful
Color is Vibrational
Color is Sound and Movement...

Color is a Potent Language...full of meaning, energy, essence and symbology.
It is flowing with Creativity and Life Force.

Color is Beautiful, Radiant and Magical..Color is Everywhere!



Colors can Heal, Uplift and Inspire

Color can create Harmony within.. on all levels..Body-Mind and Spirit
Colors are Expressive..
Colors are Creative and Multidimensional



Color can change our energy, our thinking..our behaviours
Colors can invoke feelings..memories
Colors can energize you ..invigorate you

Colors make us feel positive or even negative...we all interpret colors uniquely, we even have an opinion about them..and associate them with our own inner-symbology. We may feel influenced by our experiences with them...good, bad and neutral. Some colors create an overall sense of well-being and harmony..like music to the soul.


Color can bring one into balance and also take one OUT of balance.
Color can alter our mood, stimulate our thoughts, even hunger and also make us feel well or even unwell. We are all unique and our color harmonies and our color- needs are unique too.


Color Frequencies impact our lives...it is all very amazing, magical and intriguing. If you have ever studied in the area of Color Therapy, you will learn that the Skin is aware of light and vibration..it is sensitive to the colors it is recieving, the colors it is absorbing..and soaking up..and even the colors that we wear....our skin is very aware of them. To the skin( the largest organ of the body)..color is a language full of light and life and flowing with information.


How connected are you to your Own Personal Color Expression?
..in the home, in surroundings, in foods,  in what you wear..in the kinds of colors that you are drawn to visually..intuitively and even emotionally..have you ever taken notice..?


Color is like music..like notes on a scale..like codes that have thier own unique signature, sound and speed and vibration..colors are frequencies..they carry sound...they are healing and transformative and communicate with us on many levels!


Keep a Color Journal
A Color Journal can be  agreat way to get in touch with color and help you feel more intune with how color communicates with you personally and also to Explore your own unique insights and your relationship with color energies! You will be amazed what you will find out..
Take notice of your reactions to colors...
your likes and dislikes..

Explore Color Context....where do you find the Colors
that you Love?
I love Nature as a Source!


A great topic in your journal is to explore ....Which "Context" do you prefer colors in..for instance..you may not like to wear "Red" but you love red flowers in nature ? 
We often prefer colors and experience them differently in different contexts..home, decor..outside in nature's natural settings..


Do you have preferences..what context do you enjoy colors in?
What colors do you dislike?
Have there been colors you once felt a block towards and now have healed that color barrier?
What patterns come up in colors and the way you use them?



Which colors do you feel help calm you..heal you...stimulate you..balance you?
Do colors make you feel sad, happy..introverted, extroverted ?


What Colors invoke confidence for you..creativity, spiritual essence..wholeness?


What are your Colors of Empowerment?
What colors are your helpers, allies?
What are your Power Colors?


What colors represent you right now?

Ask yourself some creative questions..you will know all the answers!


If you feel especially sensitive to Colors, a journal is  a great way to record your experiences and take note of what colors are most helpful to you...and also to see how you have changed color-wise!

If you even can "see color energies" that is fun too..observe how they make you feel intuitively and what they mean to you!

I am very color sensitive and stimulated by colors on all levels.. ..so using colors in any form is a wonderful way to work with color energy when you feel called! Writing about your creative ways to use color is fun too.


Color-Care-Package
Create a colorful-array of what inspires you! Have a special box that you keep all your color-healing treasures in. Collecting fabrics, papers, objects, crystals and photos/pictures embodying your Color-Harmonies is fun. Make a Color-care-package and use when you need it most! This package and the contents will change as your color-needs change..also great to add to your journal to track your colors shifting!

COLOR SHAPE-SHIFTING


There will be times when color seems VERY important to you..or you feel strongly drawn to a certain Color Palette or even repel certain colors. You may have outgrown some colors...or are even merging with new colors that you have never liked before!


Something is changing vibrationally in you..you are going through a  frequency change...I call this Color Shape-shifting....color is literally creating with you and speaking to you and connecting with you..aligning you and attuning you with new ingredients. Like a rainbow and all of it's color rays...you are shifting along that scale and transforming with new frequencies!


For some, this is about healing..or for others it is about integrating new wonderful changes. Your own energy field is transforming... colors are stimulating you to new ingredients they are moving towards.
Color Balancing is occuring..or like a re-balance and reformulation..seeking Color Harmony.


We sometimes shift and change vibrationally..meaning..our color harmonies and what "we require" color-wise shifts and changes. You may suddenly LOVE orange..and never liked it before...you may suddenly need to have blue walls..or wear red...or paint in green...or be in nature and see it visually..........these are usually indicative of major color changes and "color needs" that are presently expressing in you.

You may be going through changes..physical or even spiritual......and colors can help acknowledge that journey..or even bring in Healing ingredients or stimulators to move that along..body mind and spirit. Colors can help us mentally and emotionally...nourish us and carry us to the next level...colors are pretty potent allies.

Your whole energy field is made of color harmonies that uniquely express you...and embody your energy. That can change and shift and alter throughout your life.


Color as Meditation

Color can help Align your energy and Attune you to Balance
It can help re-focus energy and create harmony
Color can help you with internal shifts.. and bring through new knowledge.
Color-Breathing is also a wonderful way to  work with colors and connect with colors..simply visualize and breathe in that color for nourishment.


Color Meditations can expand awareness and expand Consciousness.

Create Visual Meditations by gathering a few objects you are drawn to, choose colors you want to focus on..and simply reflect and enjoy!


Color can be calming, soothing, reflective ad deeply meditative.
Color can be Energizing and make us feel wonderfully alive and radiant!

Color Meditations can help to bring harmony..neutralize the mind, calm emotions, stimulate creativity , activate new ideas, release grief and emotions and old thinking patterns.

Painting~ Meditation Orb~ Victoria Pettella

Color can also bring us to Wholeness and ONEness...a Rainbow is the perfect symbol or vision to think of to represent that Ultimate Color Balance and Pure Harmony!

Catch a rainbow now and then..and absorb it's beautiful energy...
I love catching rainbows..don't you?




Whether you work with colors consciously, directly, intuitively...through healing work, meditation....or simply appreciate them and their nautral beauty all on their own..it is a powerful part of our life.....enjoy your color journeys!

You don't have to know a single thing about color or the reason why you like a certain color...just enjoy it...and just trust what you are drawn to...and enjoy it's magical energy! It embodies exactly what you need at that time!

Everyone NATURALLY already  knows what colors will help them and can sense what they need...some feel very sensitive to colors intuitively and also know what will bring harmony to them...go and explore and find your own Color Magic!
Allow the Gift of COLORS to help you  in Finding Harmony.
~Color Harmony  by Victoria Pettella~



Finding Harmony
*
All Content, Photos and Articles
Victoria Pettella
*

26 comments:

Manon Doyle said...

Great post!!! I love bright and bold colors. I use them often in my paintings. I've tried going with a subdued color palette but it usually doesn't speak to me!!
Btw....the images you've posted are terrific!!

LauraX said...

gorgeous thoughts and images♥

Terri said...

Bravo! I give you a standing ovation for this fabulous post! I have felt very conscious of colors since childhood. I love all colors, but feel drawn to certain ones at different times. Ocean blues have always been healing for me. Years ago I had a Chiropractor who also treated our family with color, and it always made a significant difference.
Recently I had my "colors" done. It was fascinating to see the woman hold different colors near my face and see my facial color dull or brighten. The experience really added to my comfort with colors I choose for my clothing.
Your post is so thoughtful and inspiring...your imagery gorgeous! Thank you so much!
Hugs,
Terri

Nancy McCarroll - Arts, Crafts and Favorites said...

Your gorgeous pictures make me happy!

Kim said...

What an awesome post! Wonderful information and gorgeous photos. I am the biggest color junkie there is. Sometimes I take out my watercolor paints just to play and mix colors and not paint anything. :)

My favorite color is green, followed by purple. I am in love with the mossy greens.

Hey, those are some crystals you have! You have like a billion of them! LOL! :)

Hugs, sweet lady.....

Nana Mari said...

A beautiful post, once again! I too love to 'catch a rainbow'! My hallway fills with rainbows from a prism hanging in my window. It is always a joy to hold the colours in my hands and 'breath' them in!

Martina said...

Wow Kiki, this so speaks to me! I'm very aware of colors as energies and love all the colors of the rainbow, even though i have my own palette of course, which changes from time to time. A color diary sounds like a great idea. I recently read a book about Aura-Soma, a color therapy with special colord oils - so9 fascinating. Will read your post again - there is so much in it. Have a lovely and colorful weekend!

Kiki aka Victoria said...

Manon Doyle

Yay Manon..happy you enjoyed it! And yes i know how you feel with painting..i am the same!
Cheers!
victoria

Kiki aka Victoria said...

LauraX
Thanks so much Laura for your thoughtful visit and words!

Kiki aka Victoria said...

Terri
How awesome Terri..we sound like such kindreds..thanks for sharing your fanulous experience! yes color treatments are very intriguing and fun too! Thanks for visiting and sharing your wonderful insights!
Hugs
Victoria

Kiki aka Victoria said...

Nancy MacCaroll
Thanks so much Nancy!

Kiki aka Victoria said...

Kim
Yay Kim..we are color kindred!
Love those colors too..and hyes i do have alot of crystal collections for exploratory crystal and color healing sessions I do..such fun!

Kiki aka Victoria said...

Nana Mari
Yay..so happy you catch rainbows too! Very healing..and how beautiful ..thanks for sharing your magic!

Kiki aka Victoria said...

Martina
Yay Martina...happy you enjoyed this post..one of my fave topics..so much to cover..more posts to come!
yes me too..I Love Aura Soma and colored oils and liquids and all kinds of related color therapies...light treatments are also wonderful...they are magical and fun and very healing!
Thanks for sharing your wonderful insights always!
be sure to visit you soon! have abeautiful wkd too!
Victoria

*itKuPiLLi* said...

Oh my, you have a bunch fo so extraordinary and exciting blogs. I´m totally in love with all of them. I´ll come back with better time to explore. :)

Bohemian said...

Great Post my Friend... though I admire Pastels & Whites and that "Look" in decorating, I do find that for me the spectrum of Exotically Bold and Earthy Metallics works best for my Spirit and comfort level. I adore Color in my World... and sparkle... *winks*

Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

Lori Saul said...

Beautiful post - you have covered the color spectrum with joy and insight!

Emm said...

I love the chilis and dried oranges in this post!

I have ever thought of keeping a colour journal before. I do often imagine an electric blue light around me when I am struggling to get to sleep at night. I find it safe and protecting, calming and soothing.

Paula said...

Dearest Victoria,
I have missed your lovely posts, welcome back. What a beautiful posting. I love color ... my husband and I have colored our home in an earthy palette. The primary color is green with shades of browns, creams, and rich red for a pop of brightness. I have plenty crystal and glass around to pick up and reflect light. We truly LOVE our home. I have found that when I open my closet doors, the same colors reside in their too!

I must tell you, your images are a sight to behold ... they are most inspiring. ~ I hope your summer has been a delicious one!

Auroran Lauriel said...

You could write a book on this! I appreciate how you have organized your thoughts here (so appropriately including colorful pictures throughout).

I'm sincerely excited about applying your suggestion to start a color journal. I'm a sensitive person in general, and colors' effect on me is no ecception. A few years ago I moved into my sister's apartment--took it over when she moved with her husband. She and I have many differences and our response to color is no different. The walls of the place were a nice light brown which I might appreciate in nature, but all over the walls? No! :) she had found the color soothing; it actually depressed me. I immediately started saving up to purchase cans of paint and material for new curtains. I need light, rich, bright colors around me. Yellow walls and plum purple curtains are now what surround me in the main living sace :) when I walk in from a long day, the colors energize and sooth.

Thank you, Victoria, for directing my thoughts to color here.

Kiki aka Victoria said...

Thankyou again everyone...your comments are Fanastic as always!! Love all that you shared!

If I havent commented here..i will have visited you..
Thanks again!
Victoria

Kiki aka Victoria said...

Auroran
Wow..thanks so much for sharing all your powerful insights and experiences..fabulous...I so appreciate that..and you are so in tune with your color needs...fantastic!!!How lovely..those colors must be absolutely perfect for you!!enjoy!!

Thanks for your beautiful words...you are truly thoughtful and kind!Much appreciated!
Victoria

Kiki aka Victoria said...

Emm
Wow..Emm....I totally love that..thanks for sharing..how cool you find those colors perfect for you..shine on..and woah..Love electric blues...how fascinating you do that..super-cool! we are such kindreds!!

Kiki aka Victoria said...

itKuPilli
Thankyou so much...you are super kind...I love you space too!

Kiki aka Victoria said...

Lori Saul
Thanks so much Lori!

Bohemian
Yay..thankyou Dawn...wonderful..those colors are magnificent!!

Paula
Yay Paula..always happy when you visit. Wow..thanks for sharig your color magic...that sounds divine and fabulous..how cool is that!!
Thanks for sharing your insights always!

Wishing you a beautiful summer!
victoria

~*~ saskia ~*~ said...

Hi sweet Kiki, happy to be back in blog land. Your style is so lovely, sooo unique. Great pictures as always.
Have a happy Monday xxx

Find a Quiet Moment

Find a Quiet Moment

Meditation~Return to Center ~The Empowered Space

Yoga Spirit Meditation

Yoga  Spirit Meditation

Welcome *

Welcome *