w e l c o m e

w e l c o m e

Body ~ Mind ~ Heart ~ Spirit ~ Soul ~ From Earth to Cosmos


Articles, Insights, Inspirations.
Here you will find Seasonal Reflections, Meditations, Insights for Body-Mind -Spirit.
Celebrations of Nature, Everyday Living in Simplicity & Harmony along with moments of Soulful-Magic & Creativity.

*v*

*v*

Monday, October 3, 2011

Autumn's Sweet Dumpling Squash

Autumn Spotlight
Sweet Dumpling Squash



Autumn brings many gorgeous
treasures to try..
*
I love squash..so many out there..
*
This Sweet Dumpling Squash is new to me..
*




Spectacular and fabulous!






Just taken out from the oven...
beautiful caramel amber skin..



A friend of mine recommended
to roast it whole
in the oven at 325
for an hour and 1/2 ..or less
Turn it every once and awhile and pierce holes
as it softens
*
when done..let it cool
cut through however you like..
scoop out seeds.
enjoy as is
or do what you please!



The Smell of this beauty.. is wonderfully sweet..
















And the inside...

....just as pretty




Bright yellow-golden orange goodness..



YUM









This tasted amazing.....as is....

there is a natural sweetness to it..

I simply ate it with a spoon!
*
and I used the rest for
 a beautiful Autumn Soup!
with fresh herbs..
*




What new treasures have you tried
or opened this Autumn?
*
* Do you have  a Favorite Squash Variety
or recipe?


Happy October Friends..
thanks for visiting

Wishing you Autumn's Embrace
in all colors
in the beauty of Nature
all around you
and the Magic of this Transformative Season!
Victoria
*
Finding Harmony

17 comments:

Vivienne Moss said...

Oh my, you just made me very hungry. It looks delicous. I might have to give this a try.

Autumn blessings and may your days be filled with magic.

VMcreation-fashion-studio-atelier said...

Just immensly gorgeous post,wonderful Kiki:-)*

LOVE all these colors combination and ALL of you creations here!!!

Hugs and Love,
***Violetta***

Anja said...

Dear Kiki,
this is one of the best pumkins here you can't find it so often. It tastes so deliciously, I really get hungry and longing to get a piece when I look at your well done fotos. Funny at the same I also puplished a pumkin post.
Have so good times in this just now lovely sunny autumndays!
Anja

the wild magnolia said...

Sweet dumpling squash. Who would have thought such a wonder existed? Not me. I love chicken and dumplings, so I'm sure the shades of fall sweet dumpling squash will be delicious.

Thank you, for sharing.

Nancy McCarroll - Arts, Crafts and Favorites said...

Beautiful, scrumptious and voluptuous squash you have displayed!

martinealison said...

je ne peux pas dire que l'arrivée de l'automne m'enchante... je préfère tellement celle du printemps!
cependant l'arrivée des courges, j'aime ça!
Celle que tu publies est particulièrement belle. Je suppose que tu t'es régalée avec!
j'adore la soupe de potiron...
Gros bisous

martinealison said...

Ps : Je t'envoie le lien de mon blog où tu pourras lire ma recette de potage au potiron! Gros bisous encore...
http://martinealison.blogspot.com/2010_10_16_archive.html

Carrie Wachter~Martinez said...

Ooh, yummy! Sometimes the simpler a meal is, the better :) Buon Appetito!

Emm said...

What a lovely discovery Victoria! It looks just delicious. In South Africa, we ate small gem squashes with our meals. I didn't like them as a child but quite liked them as an adult they are great with steak (beef or ostrich).

Our autumn was interrupted! I bought some lovely, colourful autumn clothes and then we had a heat wave! Hottest October 1-3 ever in UK!

Martina said...

Hmmmm, this looks so good! Haven't eaten any pumkin yet, but will. They look so joyous and abundant in their orange beauty. And they are magical! Have a sweet and wonderful week ahead Kiki! xx

Melissa said...

I love all your blogs ~ I am happy to see that you write poetry as well. I'm so glad that I discovered you and your creativity. Autumn happiness to you!

Purpletreebird said...

It looks absolutely gorgeous! I think that's a good tip to roast it whole, thanks for sharing :)
Jess xx

Yvonne said...

The colors and cobinations of items in your photos are mesmerizing. Beautiful! I'm off to explore more of all your blogs. Thanks for visiting my blog. Savor the Day!

Terri said...

Oh Sweet Dumpling is so delicious! Your images of this nourishing beauty really does it proud! I also love the Delicata, another gorgeous squash.
I am so thankful for such beautiful bounty!
Hugs,
Terri

Kenza said...

Bonsoir Kiki aka Victoria,
Merci pour ce très beau billet et ces magnifiques photos qui nous annoncent l'arrivée de l'automne...
Très belle soirée et à bientôt

Linda Starr said...

I love squash, lovely photos, this is a new one to me too, I am surprised at how quickly it cooked in the oven too, I'll have to try it.

Brianne said...

I do like the sweeter squashes like butternut and turban. I have a hard time eating acorn unless I mix in a little apple chutney. I like to add pumpkin seeds to almost everything this time of year: sunflower seeds in the summer; pumpkin seeds in the fall! Enjoy the harvest.

Find a Quiet Moment

Find a Quiet Moment

Meditation~Return to Center ~The Empowered Space

Yoga Spirit Meditation

Yoga  Spirit Meditation

Welcome *

Welcome *